Travelers are unsure whether they can pack some items in their carry-ons or checked bags. The US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) receives the most questions about the items below. You will also find the answers here.
* Safety razors. Because the razor blades are so easy to remove, safety razors are not permitted in your carry-on luggage with the blade. The blades must be stored in your checked luggage. The same applies for straight razors.
* Disposable razors. They come in two types: the kind that is completely disposable (handle and all) or the kind where you replace them with cartridges. These are permissible in carry-on luggage with the blade and replacement cartridges.
* Electric Razors are permitted in both checked and carry-on bags.
* What is allowed in carry-on bags?
There is a long list of different types of batteries detailing whether they are permitted or not in carry-on bags. Click here for the list.
* What is allowed in checked bags?
Batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also allowed in checked bags with the exception of lithium batteries. However, the TSA recommends that you pack all batteries in your carry-on bag whenever possible. In this case cabin crews can better monitor conditions and have immediate access to the batteries or the device should a fire occur.
Makeup in a solid or powder form is allowed in carry-on and checked bags without quantity or size limitations. However, when packed in carry-on bags, makeup in a liquid, lotion, gel, paste or creamy form must put in 3.4 ounce (100 ml) containers. Larger containers must be packed in checked baggage.
You can carry in your hand luggage as many travel-sized liquids as you can comfortably fit into a 1-quart-sized (1 liter) resealable bag. Note that only 1 bag per passenger is allowed. The size or quantity of liquids in checked bags is not limited.
- Shampoo and deodorant
Shampoo/conditioner and deodorant must also be put in the 1-quart-sized zip-top bag in carry-on bags. Note that only one quart-sized bag is allowed per passenger in carry-ons. If you have more containers than fit into the 1-quart bag you must pack them in your checked bag. Solid and powder deodorant are allowed in carry-on bags and are not limited in size.
Tags: razors, batteries, makeup, shampoo, deodorant, 1-quart bag